Saturday, May 5, 2007

Lust, Flesh, Pride & Eyes of Life


Man I love this song. It was written in the early 80s by the 77s (Mike Roe and co.) It is a song that comes from the Bible, 1 John 2:16 and reads:" For the World offers only the lust for physical pleasure, the lust for everything we see, and the pride in our possessions. These are not from the Father. They are from this evil World."

How true. How many times do I find myself worn slick trying to obtain things that will make me "feel" better or to get more stuff or to make others think better about me. If God wanted me to care about what people thought He would have given me the ability to read minds. Basically, live for a higher purpose not our own lives; this is the meaning of life.

Philippians 2:3-4 says "Don't be selfish, don't live to make a good impression on others. Be humble thinking of others as better than yourself. Don't think only about your own affairs, but be interested in others, too, and what they are doing"

I can't get distracted by me. I need to focus on God by focusing on his creation which are all those around me. If want to help God I do that by helping man. Like Mathew 25:40 says I only love God as much as the person I like the least.

No comments: