Sunday, February 3, 2008

History Channel asks …


who are the Daughter n-Law of Adam and Eve


Really, can secular intellects be so stupid. Maybe they just haven read the entire text with an open mindset to get honest answers. They always go to traditional liberal theologians who either explain the Bible figuratively or use extra-textual , in some time non-biblical text. They treat multiple religions with equal weight on Biblical topics, which is to dilute and get skewed view with which no practical follower of any of the compared religions actually hold plausible. Only these theologians, for 15 min of fame and for flamboyant class lectures, take intellectual satisfaction from the scriptural contortions. However in Gen 5:1-5 it states that Adam lived over 900 year and had multiple children. Heck, my wife and I have been married 13 years and with birth control had 4 kids. Adam and Eve had more than 900 years and no birth control. Even just one child a year was born they could have had close to 900 kids. Now, does the Bible list each and every one? Some are listed but not necessarily all. Because a child is not listed, does it mean they did not exist, No! So doesn’t that insinuate Incest? Yes. But incest is not listed as a sin until Deuteronomy, recorded hundreds of years later. From an anthropological point of view incest, or a loose cousin of it, would have be the only way, outside of apparent age theory multiple creationism, would have been the logical option. Now assume that every year after 13 years, each of the 900 children have a child a year, and then there children. This group of humans would have multiplied exponentially. So Cain or Able may not have even known all of their immediate family. The answer is not fantastic , just common sense and already written in plain text in the current canonized Bible. All one has to do to find the answers, is to read the Bible, not watch the History channel. So, read the Bible.

4 comments:

ike said...

I didn't see the program on TV, but I offer an alternative theory and perhaps it casts me in the group of liberal theologian (at least I'm using the term theologian liberally).

What if Cain didn't marry a human.

I base this thought on the concept of figurative creation days. Day="Age of indeterminate length"

I have not thoroughly researched this idea, so I don't claim to hold it dear to my heart at all, but what if the wife of Cain were, let's say, Neanderthal?

Some evolutionary theorists claim that Neanderthals and humans shared ancestry but they were two separate branches. Some also claimed it was possible for them to interbreed.

I don't rule out the possibility that Cain's wife was a sibling or close cousin, as there may have been fewer genetic defects in the pool at that point, so you may be right. As you pointed out, there was no known command against it at the time.

Just some ideas to consider...

CthePrez said...

@dave The theory that you base your idea on has unfortunately been pretty much thoroughly disproven at this point. The only reason evolutionists seem to hold to it is because it has become their religion, and they have written their own doctrine.

One thing to keep in mind is that this was pre-flood, so supposedly there is still the canopy of water around the earth, and that this was very close to creation. The level of entropy in human DNA at the time would be extremely low, which allows for inbreeding without the genetic side effects we would see nowadays.

After a certain period of time, and the collapse of the canopy (part of the flood) allowing a change in climate and an increased amount of solar radiation to hit the earth, it's no surprise the human lifespan became shorter.

Just some ideas to consider...

ike said...

@alger, I entirely buy into the lack of entropy in the human genome. It's a perfectly valid theory that's entirely plausible in my opinion, but could you point me to a reference that says my alternative theory has been disproven? Again, I don't claim to strongly adhere to this idea, but I'd like a little justification.

I'd prefer that if someone asked me why I abandoned the thought, I could say more than just, "Somebody on the internet told me it was thoroughly disproven."

Josh said...

@Alger: Thank you for bringing up the predeluvian point of UV radiation filtration and its effect on the human genome.