Monday, July 30, 2007

Day at the Beach 7/28/07 6:00PM

This is truly awe inspiring. For an okie at the beach the ocean is phenomenal. I was raised off and on in Florida but have spent most of my adult life in the midwest.

Today my family arrived for our annual vacation on St. George Island, Florida. At dusk the water line is retreating as the waves pound the shore. The wet glossy sand is dusted by currents of a wispy layer of dry sand as the wind works hard to build new dunes. Our footprints our quickly recovered by the beach. Small fish swim in the shallows as seagulls glide a few yards above the small breaking waves.

I love this place. This is such a picture of living water. There is such warmth, peace and joy here.

"The sea belongs to him [Jesus], for he made it..." Psalms 95:5a emphases added

XionXolu

1 comment:

Josh said...

I love this. So peaceful and full of life.