Sunday, July 1, 2007

Perfect Phone

I have been a user of wireless tech for about 15 years and have spent a good portion of that time consulting with companies and individuals alike to aid them in wireless solutions. When it comes to my personal mobile device I tend to use a device to the utmost of its capabilities. Often I find myself frustrated by the limitations of consumer available devices, especially with the current capabilities of some of the networks in the US today having such great capabilities. Currently we have networks capable of delivering greater than DSL speeds for both transmitting and receiving, GPS location/navigation, Push to Talk, Wireless PIM synch and numerous business capabilities that most consumers are not aware of. I currently use Sprint Nextel as a user who was obtained from the Nextel side. Currently I would have to bounce between 3 devices to get the core items I use. I want one Item that does it all well. If I could build it here is what it would have:

Rich HTML tabbed browsing
Java based, C++ operating system
Active Enhanced GPS
iDEN Push to Talk
Push Email and Wireless PIM synch with both corporate, POP & IMAP email & wireless synch with all Google apps.
MS Office synch, attachment viewing, creation, editing save.
Multimedia Wireless Download, Playback and Synch.
Camera
Video - over the Air
TVMovies - Over The Air
Military specs for Drop, Dust, Vibrate and Moisture.
Qwerty key and scroll wheel or trackball navigation.
Minimum of 1GB internal memory.
Micro SD transflash card slot, compatible with 4GB cars.
Host of available third party apps like spell check, Pocket Quicken etc.
Screen is QVGA auto orientation touchscreen


All of the above features are found on at least one phone on the market currently or slotted to come out in the next 45 days.

I mean, is perfection to much to ask?

XionXolu

No comments: